These community guidelines are our acceptable use policy and are intended to help keep Fud safe and enjoyable for our users. If you find content that violates these guidelines, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may remove, limit, or block the distribution of such content and the accounts, individuals, groups and domains that create or spread it.
We prohibit the posting of pornography on Fud. We limit the distribution of or remove mature and explicit content, including:
• Fetish imagery
• Vivid sexual descriptions
• Graphic depictions of sexual activity
• Images of nudity where the poses, camera angles, or props suggest pornographic intent
We prohibit content on Fud that involves the exploitation of people or animals. We’ll remove or limit the distribution of content and accounts involved in practices that risk harm to people or animals, including sexual, physical, or financial exploitation. That includes:
• Sexualization or sexual exploitation of minors, like grooming, sexual remarks or inappropriate imagery. If we find it, we’ll report it to relevant authorities such as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
• Non-consensual images, meaning images of a private or sexual nature obtained or published without consent. This includes revenge porn and up-skirt images.
• Adult sexual services that may involve sexual or physical exploitation or trafficking, like sex cams and escort services.
• Human trafficking, slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labor.
• Other illegal commercial exploitation, like trading in organs or products made from human remains or body parts.
• The sale of wild animals or protected and endangered wildlife. For a full list of prohibited wildlife products, please visit our partner, the World Wildlife Fund.
• Corpses, animal parts or products derived from cat or dog parts, or protected and endangered wildlife, including ivory.
• Irresponsible and harmful animal tourism or otherwise exploitative practices like organized animal fighting.
We prohibit hateful content or the people and groups that promote hateful activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
• Slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures and generalizations
• Support for hate groups and people promoting hateful activities, prejudice and conspiracy theories
• Condoning or trivializing violence because of a victim’s membership in a vulnerable or protected group
• Support for white supremacy, limiting women’s rights and other discriminatory ideas
• Hate-based conspiracy theories and misinformation, like Holocaust denial
• Denial of an individual’s gender identity or sexual orientation, and support for conversion therapy and related programs
• Attacks on individuals including public figures based on their membership in a vulnerable or protected group
• Mocking or attacking the beliefs, sacred symbols, movements, or institutions of the protected or vulnerable groups including based on race, color, caste, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, religion or faith, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
You should not post content that is false or misleading or consists of misinformation, disinformation, or mal-information. We remove or limit distribution of false or misleading content that may harm our users or the public’s well-being, safety or trust, including:
• Unsupported or false product claims
• Medically unsupported health claims that risk public health and safety, including the promotion of false cures, anti-vaccination advice, or misinformation about public health or safety emergencies
• False or misleading content about individuals or protected groups that promotes fear, hate or prejudice
• False or misleading content that encourages turning individuals, groups of people, places or organizations into targets of harassment or physical violence
• Conspiracy theories
• Content that originates from disinformation campaigns
• Factual information that’s published or deliberately modified to erode trust or inflict harm, such as changing or omitting of context, date or time
• Fabricated or meaningfully manipulated visual or audio content that erodes trust or causes harm
• Civic participation misinformation:
• False or misleading content that impedes an election’s integrity or an individual's or group's civic participation, including registering to vote, voting and being counted in a census
• False or misleading information about the dates, times, locations and procedure for voting or census participation
• Content that misleads voters about how to correctly fill-out and submit a ballot, including a mail-in ballot, or census form
• False or misleading information about who can vote or participate in the census and what information must be provided to participate
• False or misleading statements about who is collecting information and/or how it will be used
• False or misleading information about public safety that is intended to deter people from exercising their right to vote or participate in a census
• Content that encourages or instructs voters or participants to misrepresent themselves or illegally participate
• Content apparently intended to delegitimize election results on the basis of false or misleading claims
• Threats against voting locations, census or voting personnel, voters or census participants, including intimidation of vulnerable or protected group voters or participants
Harassment and Criticism
Fud should not be used to insult, hurt or antagonize individuals or groups of people. While certain criticism and debate may be legitimate, we may limit the distribution of or remove insulting content, including:
• Manipulated images intended to degrade or shame
• Shaming people for their bodies or assumed sexual or romantic history
• Sexual remarks about people’s bodies and solicitations or offers of sexual acts
• Criticisms involving name-calling, profanity and other insulting language or imagery
• Mocking someone for experiencing sadness, grief, loss or outrage
You should not use Fud to reveal personal or sensitive information. We may remove content that includes the following, unless we receive valid consent from the individual to whom it relates:
• Driver’s license and passport information
• Social security numbers
• Private contact information and addresses
• Online login information (usernames and passwords)
• Photos of private people that they don’t want posted online
• Personal financial or medical history
• Other information that is considered sensitive under applicable privacy laws
If you come across unwanted photos of or information about you posted on Fud, you can email us at email@example.com.
Self-injury and Harmful Behavior
We prohibit content that displays, rationalizes or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders or substance abuse. We’ll limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
• Self-harm instructions
• Suicidal thinking and quotes
• Graphic or otherwise triggering imagery or descriptions of self-harm
• Promotion of self-harm
• Mocking of people who self-harm or who have attempted or died by suicide
• Images of accessories used to self-harm
• Negative self-talk and insensitive humor about self-harming behavior
• Suicide pacts, challenges and hoaxes
Graphic Violence and Threats
Fud isn’t a place for graphic violence or threatening language. We limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
• Content that shows the use of violence
• Disturbing scenes from before or after violent events
• Threats or language that glorifies violence
We limit the distribution of or remove content and accounts that encourage, praise, promote, or provide aid to dangerous actors or groups and their activities. This includes:
• Terrorist organizations
• Gangs and other criminal organizations
Prohibited Goods and Activities
We prohibit the use of Fud to promote the same of certain regulated goods, including products or substances that can cause harm when used, altered or manufactured irresponsibly—or for the display or encouragement of dangerous activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
• Individuals and unlicensed retailers offering to sell, purchase or trade alcohol, tobacco, drugs and weapons, including firearms and accessories, firearm parts or attachments, or ammunition
• Content from or about unverified, unapproved or rogue online pharmacies
• Offers, attempts, or instructions to bypass purchasing laws and regulations
• Instructions for creating lethal or toxic substances
• Instructions for creating lethal weapons, like bombs or grenades, including 3d printed weapons
• Commercial sales of marijuana, marijuana products and paraphernalia
• Commercial sales of certain weapons and attachments
• Harmful pranks or challenges that risk imminent physical harm or extreme emotional distress, especially if showing or encouraging the participation of minors
Fud does not recommend investments in securities or provide investment advice. You must use your own judgment in making investment decisions. Fud does not act as an investment adviser, broker, dealer, underwriter, or placement agent. Fud does not recommend or endorse any particular securities or investments or otherwise provide investment advice that is personalized in nature. You are responsible for determining the nature, potential value and suitability of any particular security or investment, transaction or investment strategy. You have an obligation to monitor your investments and to make any investment decisions independently and prudently, not to rely on information provided on Fud when making any investment decision, and to consult investment, legal or tax professional professionals as appropriate.
Harmful or Deceptive Products & Practices
We prohibit the use of Fud for practices and products that may be harmful or deceptive. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including, but not limited to:
• Instructions and products for hacking or breaching security measures
• Online gambling and lotteries
• Counterfeit documents
• Privacy violating products or services
• Exploitative financial practices
To protect the Fud platform, we ask that you please:
Don’t access, use or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ system.
• Don’t break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks
• Don’t use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of JoinFud
• Don’t try to reverse engineer our software
• Don’t try to send virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing to our systems.
You should not use Fud for sending spam. This includes not:
• sending repeated, unsolicited messages, especially if your messages are commercial or deceptive in nature
• creating or operating accounts that aren't authentic, create accounts en masse, or create new accounts for the purpose of violating these guidelines
• creating content that is repetitive, deceptive, or irrelevant
• using any other unscrupulous tactics to attempt to improperly influence distribution, clicks, or other metrics, including: buying or selling engagement, "stuffing" irrelevant keywords, generating inauthentic traffic, or redirecting existing user to new destinations.
If your content is sponsored or branded content or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value or consideration, you must disclose the commercial and sponsored nature of their content. In addition to abiding by the Community Guidelines, users that participate in sponsored content are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, all advertising laws and Federal Trade Commission regulations including the FTC’s Endorsement Guidelines.All applicable disclosures required to indicate the commercial nature of your content (such as the use of #ad to indicate that your content is sponsored).
Sweepstakes and Contests
You may not use Fud to sponsor or initiate sweepstakes and contests without prior approval. If you are approved to offer a sweepstakes or contests, you are required to ensure that such sweepstakes and contest complies with applicable law (including required rules and registration)and does not require any consideration to enter. You must also indicate that the sweepstakes or contest is not sponsored by or affiliated with Fud and include in your official rules a release of all liability or claims against Fud relating to the sweepstakes or content or any prize that might awarded.